Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is the perfect family meal. Juicy cajun-spiced chicken is served over a bed of creamy linguine that’s packed full of sautéed veggies.Print Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 teaspoons cajun seasoning divided
- 6 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 bell peppers various colors sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Rub each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of cajun seasoning. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 3 tablespoons of butter. Sear the chicken breasts in the butter until browned on each side. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to cook until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F which will take about 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness. Remove the chicken and set aside to rest.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the same skillet as you cooked the chicken, without cleaning, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter. Add in bell peppers, onion, and mushroom. Sauté until veggies are tender. Sprinkle remaining 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning over veggies and cook 1 minute.
- Pour in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Stir in cooked pasta and toss until coated and veggies are evenly distributed. Slice chicken breasts and serve over hot pasta.
Homemade Cajun Seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt