Chicken Carbonara is full of indulgent bacon flavor and smothered in a cheesy egg sauce with juicy tender chicken added in. This easy pasta is ready in 30 minutes!Print Recipe
- 1 pound thick cut bacon diced (or pancetta)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- n a large saucepan, cook bacon (or pancetta) over medium heat until crisp, about 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain fat from bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons of the grease in the skillet.
- Season chicken breasts with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Add chicken breasts to skillet directly in the bacon grease. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes per side, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from pan and either dice or shred.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and season with 1 tablespoon salt. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the pasta water before draining.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together egg yolks, eggs, and 1 cup pecorino romano cheese.
- Toss drained pasta with cooked bacon, and diced or shredded chicken. Pour egg mixture in, along with reserved pasta water and toss together with pasta 2 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with remaining cheese, freshly ground pepper, and parsley to garnish.